Monday

Weight Watchers Online Introduction


Weight Watchers Online, a leading online weight loss plan, is built on the scientifically-proven approach to weight loss developed by the experts at Weight Watchers. Weight Watchers Online is a personalized subscription-based plan that is practical, liveable and sustainable. People can lose weight while still eating the foods they love. Some of the features include: an interactive tracker that helps record and analyze food habits, information on thousands of foods, more than 1,800 recipes, a recipe builder, a restaurant guide and tons of exercise demo videos. You can conveniently access Weight Watchers Online whether at home or in the office. With 24/7 access to interactive tools and tips housed all in one place, people can make better food and exercise choices that fit their schedule and lifestyle. Learn more about the Weight Watchers Online Program here.

A member of our parent panel, Mandy, has signed up for the Weight Watchers Online Plan and will be sharing her journey with us, over the next 3 months. Over to Mandy.

Hello, I am Mandy, a stay at home mom of 2 children aged 2 and 4 years of age. I have been a vegetarian for the past 10 years and when I decided to cut out animal products, I loaded up on carbs instead! At my recent physical exam, my doctor pointed out that I am need to lose 31 pounds to reach a healthy weight and suggested Weight Watchers Online, which is perfect for busy moms. I will be sharing my Weight Loss journey over the next 3 months.

I received the Weight Watchers Start Kit which is available from the Weight Watchers online store. The kit contains a Complete Food Companion Guide, a Dining Out Guide, 3 month Journal, a Motivational Book, a DVD, a recipe booklet, coupons and a Hand Held Points Calculator. The items fit neatly into a great bag which is ideal for travel.

As an online member, I have access to the Weight Watchers website which is packed with information, tools and helpful advice, to educate, inform and support me with my weight loss journey. I can connect with other members via the message boards.

I am on the Flex Plan, where I receive a certain number of points per day and additional Flex Points for the week. Every food is assigned a certain number of points and my goal is to keep within my points range for the day. In addition, I also receive additional points called "Activity Points" when I exercise.

STATS:

Height: 5"3
Age: 31
Build: Medium, muscular
Bra Size: 40D
Waist: 33 inches
Hips: 40 inches

Starting Weight: 151 pounds (68.6 kg)
BMI: 27
10% Goal: 135.9 pounds (61.7kg)
Goal Weight: 120 pounds (54.5kg)
BMI Goal: 20-24

Plan: Flex Plan
Weigh-in Day: Monday

Why I want to lose weight:

*To be healthy
*To have more energy
*To feel confident
*To feel sexy

Challenges to overcome:

*Carving out time to exercise daily
*Finding time to prepare nutritious and healthy meals
*Being around my children and husband's snacks!
*Reducing stress which leads me to overeat

Wish me luck as I embark on my Weight Loss Journey!

Sincerely,
Mandy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Mandy! I am on the Weight Watchers Online program and made goal last month! Take it one day a time and have fun.

Anonymous said...

All the best with your journey. I am thinking about signing up myself and will be reading your journal!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. I went veg and gained 20 pounds. I am now learning how to balance protein and carbs and am on the right track. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that WW offered an online program. My schedule doesn't allow me time to attend meetings, so I will be looking into the online program and following your progress. Holding thumbs for you!

Anonymous said...

I love this magazine. You guys seem to deliver a little of everything. I need to lose 50 plus pounds and my doc has also suggested WW online. I can't quite face others in public at a meeting and think that an online program will be a good place to start. Its great to hear how the site supports you and offers you info to follow the program. All the best!

Anonymous said...

I too believe on Weight Watchers for weight loss package.

Anonymous said...

WW is the Best!!!!! I lost over 50 pounds and have kept it off for 5 yrs. Go for it Mandy!